Notes from Karen McCrane’s talk about Adaptive Web Content at the latest An Event Apart. Luke Wroblewski took excellent notes.
Interesting tips for troubleshooting a WordPress site from Kristarella.
Design Principles for gov.uk. Unlike WCAG or some set of principles from the W3C, this document only contains 10 easily readable principles. They are,
- Start with needs*
- Do less
- Design with data
- Do the hard work to make it simple
- Iterate. Then iterate again.
- Build for inclusion
- Understand context
- Build digital services, not websites
- Be consistent, not uniform
- Make things open: it makes things better