It’s wise to test your site as you’re building it. Check your pages for accessibility, for validity, for appearance and function as you go along. Don’t wait until you’re finished to think about things like valid code and accessibility.
Even when you do those things as a normal part of your process, you still need to perform a number of tests after the files are uploaded to a live server. Here’s a brief checklist of things you need to test when your site goes live.
- Validate HTML and CSS
- Run accessibility checks
- Check every function and script
- Check spelling and grammar
- Check page appearance in a variety of browsers
- Evaluate the site with CSS disabled
- Evaluate search engine friendliness