If you have a Posterous blog you are probably concerned about losing your content now that Posterous is closing down. Posterous has systems in place that will allow you to back up your content or export it to another blog.
You can move it all to a wordpress.com blog in a few easy steps.
- Choose the “Backup” button at the upper right of your Posterous admin screen.
- Again, choose “Request Backup” for any or all Posterous sites you wish to save.
- When the file is ready, the Request Backup button will turn green and change to read “Download.”
- When you download and open the zip file, you’ll see that one of the files included is wordpress_export_1.xml
- If you have a WordPress.com account, head for your Dashboard to set up a new blog for your import. If you do not, go to wordpress.com and set up an account.
- In the WordPress Dashboard for the blog you plan to import into, find Tools > Import > Posterous.
- You’ll see a file upload form. Browse to find the wordpress_export_1.xml file in the unzipped package you downloaded from Posterous.
- WordPress will ask you which Posterous users will be given author powers on the new blog. Make those choices and click Submit.
- You’ll get an email when the import is complete.