It’s Earth Day. How about some technological energy saving ideas to help you celebrate the event?
- Turn off your electronics when not in use. Save over 1,000 lbs of carbon dioxide and $256 per year.
Unplug anything with a transformer. Even when the device is turned off, the transformer keeps using energy.
- Instead of using a screensaver, use your computer’s sleep mode.
- Install a programmable thermostat. There are some now that you can control with your phone.
- If you travel frequently, there are apps to help make your travel greener.
- Find a place in your city where you can recycle electronics instead of throwing them in a landfill where they leach dangerous chemicals.
You can find many more energy saving action items at StopGlobalWarming.org. You might want to send your photo in support of the Earth Day Network. The photo should show yourself with a sign that says “The Face of Climate Change.”