Time to empty the shelves a bit and make some room. I’d like to give you a book. Free, except that I need help with mailing. An envelope is about $1.50 and media mail (or whatever they call it these days) is about $1.50, so if you’re willing to send $3 to me on PayPal, I’ll send you one of these books.
Here’s how it will work. You leave a comment telling me which book you want. I contact you by email if you are the first one to ask for a book. We exchange info by email and you get the book.
- Flash MX Actionscript: The Designer’s Edge by J. Scott Hamlin and Jennifer S. Hall, Sybex, 2002
- Web Concept and Design by Crystal Waters, New Riders, 1996
- Teach Yourself PHP4 in 24 Hours by Matt Zandstra, Sams, 2000
- Building Dynamic Web Sites with Macromedia Studio MX 2004 by Tom Green, Jordan L Chllcott and Chris S. Flick, New Riders, 2003
- Mastering Dreamweaver MX Databases by Susan Sales Harkins, Byran Chamberlain and Darren McGee, Sybex, 2003
- Macromedia Dreamweaver MX for Windows & Macintosh (Visual Quickstart Guide), Student Edition, by J. Tarin Towers, Peachpit 2004 (Ahem, if you want this one, you’ll get the fancy schmancy student edition written by moi.)
If this giveaway is a hit, I may give away more of my oldies but goodies.
Addendum: 9/7/08. Well this was a flop. I’m going to see if anyone will take them free in my local freecycle group. There needs to be a good way to put older editions of technical books to good use. Why doesn’t somebody start a business that recycles the paper from tech books and uses it for some neat tech product?
2 thoughts on “Oldies but goodies giveaway”
How about bringing the books to BarCamp? We can organize a book swap.
Great idea, Michael, but someone already grabbed them through freecycle. I might bring some other books, though, I have more.