Kathy Sierra at Creating Passionate Users hooked me with her post Five(ish) Things I Don’t Know About You. I decided to post answers to her questions here.
1) What’s the most fun work you’ve ever done, and why? (two sentences max): Teaching a continuing ed class called Writing from the Heart at UT Austin because it was such a thrill to hear the fabulous things the students wrote.
2) A. Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (one sentence max): Camp out in the woods.
B. Name one thing you’ve always wanted to do but keep putting it off? (one sentence max): Spend a year hiking the length of New Zealand.
B. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn? (two more sentences, max): I’d follow Alice Walker around like a puppy if we could talk about writing and spirituality at tea time for a week.
4) A. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you? Helpful, serious, accepting.
B. Now list two more words you wish described you… assertive, outgoing.
5) What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes– three sentences max): My family is my main passion. Hobbies include photography and reading too much. I’m a bleeding heart liberal so I support just about every cause and plan to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity one of these days.
6) (sue me) Write–and answer–one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max): What can I do with this blog that will help you teach web design? I can’t answer that one, only YOU can answer that one.