Very interesting report on a briefiing. Read all the way down the page. About half-way down many specific tips, tools, and techniques come into the discussion. isolani – Web Accessibility: RNIB Media Briefing on Accessible PDFs
Here’s a sample: “When assessing the accessibility of a PDF, ask yourself these series of questions:
- Is the PDF a scanned image?
- Is it intended to be a form?
- Is the PDF tagged
- Are the items properly tagged?
- Verify the reading order
- Add proper tagging (e.g. to figures and tables)
- Add alternative description to graphics
- Have I missed something? Run an accessible checker and make the recommended and appropriate repairs suggested.”