Like other browsers, Google Chrome can be use plug-ins and add-ons to improve or enhance your experience. There are a number of extensions that improve viewing video on YouTube. Here are several.
- Looper lets you click once to make a video repeat endlessly or until you’ve had enough, whichever comes first.
- YouTube Feed. If you have a YouTube home page, this extension will notify you when a new video is added.
- Toggle Comments makes a video open with the comments hidden, but they can be toggled into view of you should want to read them.
- Fancy Tube does several things such as automatically set the video to HD, block ads and some other fancy stuff.
- Picture in Picture lets you dock a video in the corner of the screen so you can do other tasks while it runs.
- Turn Off the Lights makes the surrounding page fade to dark.
- YouTube Ratings shows you the likes and dislikes bar when you hover over a thumbnail so you can see ratings before you watch.
- YouTube Options works on YouTube and other video sites (Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, G4TV, FEARnet, Funny or Die, Hulu, The Escapist, Dump). With it you can disable ads, change resolution, pre-buffer, download media and more.
- Music Video Lyrics lets you see the lyrics for videos you are watching.