One of my grandchildren is learning to drive. I keep telling her you have to look where you’re going. Think about where you’re headed. The same thing applies to technology and education.
Technology changes rapidly. That’s why it’s so hard to keep up in education, in site building, in technique, in execution, in delivery.
One way to attempt to keep an eye on where we are heading is by studying trends and research results. Today’s post is a summary of a few recent headlines about trends, research, and what’s happening on the ground even as we use and teach yesterday’s technology.
For your consideration:
- Will the PC cease to exist as the world’s developing markets turn mobile only?
- Consumers love their smartphones. Now businesses must fall in love with mobile.
- The Future of Gamification
- Adobe Study Reveals Tablet Traffic Has Grown 10 Times Faster Than Smartphone Traffic
- Pinterest drives more revenue per click than Twitter or Facebook
Those are but a few of the current trends. What do you think is the most significant change coming our way?