In the interests of adding a woman’s voice to the Media Consumption Diet meme at Web-Strategist.com, here are my media consumption habits.
- Web: I read the news using Google News and the New York Times. I read a large number of blogs using NetNewsWire as my blog feeder. My favorite blogs are listed in the Recommended Blogs menu in the sidebar, except for a few that don’t relate to web design. My favorite non-web design blog is Time Goes By.
- Music: I listen to a lot of jazz, including the jazz shows on public radio. I listen to podcasts of “All Songs Considered,” “Radio Without Borders,” “Texas Music Matters,” and “The Austin Connection.” I also listen to music from my CD collection which mostly includes female jazz vocalists but is very eclectic.
- TV: I like movies better than network shows but once in a while a network show such as “Brothers and Sisters” catches my interest.
- Communications: phone and email, blogs and listservs
- Movies: I go to a lot of movies but don’t like really violent ones
- Magazines: Newsweek, New Mexico Magazine, AARP Magazine. Mostly I get news online.
- Books: I read three or four books a week, mostly novels but sometimes nonfiction. I’m in two book discussion groups.
- Newspapers: I read my local Sunday paper. Other newspapers I read online. I get most of my daily news from public radio.
Technorati Tags: Media Consumption Diet