If you are a web developer in Central or Northern New Mexico, we’re looking for a small team of web designers/developers interested in improving their capabilities in building accessible websites to participate in an upcoming challenge, the AIR Interactive competition, part of the SXSWi Festival in Austin, Texas this spring. Deadline for team registration is January 5th and teams will have one month to complete a site for our local partner (competition runs 15 January – 15 February).
The New Mexico Tech Council has agreed to sponsor the team registration. We’re searching for 3-5 people who’d like to participate and additional partners/sponsors as well.
What is AIR-Interactive?
AIR-Interactive – an ‘Accessibility Internet Rally’ – is a web-development competition that is open to anyone, anywhere! Your team of 3-5 developers and designers will have one month to build an accessible website for a non-profit organization, artist, or musician from your community. Each website is judged on accessibility, usability, and design, and the winners will be announced at an official party during SXSW-Interactive Festival!
Why should you participate?
- Accessible Web Design isn’t just a good idea; in many cases it’s a rule – and it could be the law
- Participants have access to professional development resources and opportunities through Knowbility (est. value up to $5K!)
- Participants can connect with some of the best designers/developers in the world through Knowbility
- Participation is a great way to distinguish yourself from other professionals
- Potential recognition at one of the nation’s leading technology conferences, SXSW-Interactive
Want more information?
Interested in participating?
We’ll have an information session for potential team members, tentatively on January 3rd in Albuquerque. Email eric AT nmtechcouncil DOT org for more information! Visit http://www.nmtechcouncil.org/?p=466 for updates!