There are a number of posts here at Web Teacher that provide information for front end developers about how to use ARIA-WAI in a page design to increase the accessibility of the page. Here’s a list of some articles I wrote. There are also many links to ARIA posts in my useful links category.
- Aria Roles 101
- Aria States 101
- How to Make HTML5 Semantic Elements More Accessible
- HTML5 and Annotations for Assistive Technology
- WebAIM’s Screen Reader User Survey
- Waiting for Screen Readers to Learn the Semantics of HTML5
- Improve Accessibility in HTML5 with ARIA-WAI Landmark Roles